Skip to main content

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2020 🎄

What a fantastic year it has been! 

Thank you all to make my job a real dream. 



To wrap up 2019, I thought that I would share some fun facts with you:

Countries that I have been lucky to create itineraries for clients? 
Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Senegal, Cape Verde, Madagascar and Ethiopia. 

The most popular countries? 
Kenya comes in the 1st position closely followed by Zimbabwe and Botswana as a multi country destination in 2nd position and South Africa in 3rd position. 

The most common type of traveller? 
Families by over 50%! Couples and solo travellers were quite frequent too.

How I am helping as a personal travel agent? 
Just over 2/3 of you weren’t sure where to go when we first spoke or changed destination based on our discussion. It has been a real pleasure guiding you to the most suitable destination based on your expectations, budget and time of travel. 
There have been a few instances where you needed to contact me while away and we were able to answer and/or fix your questions to ensure that your holiday continued smoothly. This always makes me feel nervous but I drop everything I do to help and I completely trust my suppliers who have never let you (or me!) down.

My highlight?
I particularly loved that almost all of you have shared your adventures in real time with me via WhatsApp or Instagram, with dream sightings or truly unforgettable moments  and places, which has made me feel quite emotional at times. The community of travellers and Africa lovers is growing and witnessing the beauty that nature and wildlife have to offer naturally makes us care more and want to protect it for future generations to come. This is what it’s all about…

My favourite African countries?
Always a hard question to answer. As a whole Zambia and Zimbabwe have stolen my heart primarily for their unparalleled beauty - you simply cannot top this up! - but also their people. I am yet to discover the more central part of Botswana, which I know will add to this list. The Serengeti National Park in Tanzania and Masai Mara Reserve in Kenya have blown me away with some of the most frequent and exciting sightings to date, and Namibia is in its own league for its complete unique experience and landscapes.

Where have I travelled this year?
I have been very fortunate to travel a lot again this year, visiting Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Tanzania and South Africa as well as the Asian continent to Borneo and Sumatra for my wildlife conservation charity projects. In between, I have been to a few little European breaks and nature escapes, which is my way of feeling connected to my family, friends and nature. 

On this note, I will be going to the Forest of Dean UK/Wales trying to spot and photograph wild boars, foxes, deers and birds in a little wooden cabin. But I am always around if you need me. In particular:

  • If you are currently travelling on a holiday booked with me, you can of course contact me if you need any assistance: geraldine@morellitravel.co.uk or don’t hesitate to use WhatsApp.
  • If you are willing to confirm a booking with me, I can also help with a day notice to make sure I am ready to complete the booking process. 
  • If you would like to request a new quote, you can email me now and we will start discussing as early as the 3rd January 2020.

A few reminders too:
You can sign up to my monthly Newsletter, which always contains news, offers and blogpost. 
If you’d love to have a piece of Africa with you, I have created an ‘Africa corner’ on my charity’s online shop where all the profit of purchases goes to the projects Wild&free supports.
If you want to see my best wildlife sightings throughout my various safaris in Africa for inspiration, check my Instagram's personal account


I think this is everything from me and all I now wish is for you to have a wonderful Christmas and New Year 2020! 




Geraldine x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will we ever travel again?

I won’t lie, I miss discussing safaris with my clients every day, working on itineraries, finding the right lodge or camp and the experiences that will leave them in awe. I used some of my down time to create an Africa & Wildlife activity pack for children, to help busy parents finding various form of entertainment for them while being educational. I was overwhelmed by the response as I receive no less than 100 requests from parents and made over 120 personalised certificates for each child! Requests are still coming through, so if you are interested, please email me   with the name of your child(ren) and I will send you a free activity pack too. Like all travel agents, I am spending most of my time helping clients to rebook or obtain a refund for their recent and upcoming holidays. I am very much hoping that all departures to safari destinations this summer will be possible, and when it comes to new bookings, I would suggest to look at departures from September onwar

My 'Why': The African Bug

There is something undeniably unique about a safari holiday in Africa. It is a destination that will surprise you, as it will leave you with hundreds of indelible memories, no matter how many times you go. Just ask anyone you know who has been on an African safari - they’ll tell you that it was amaaaaazing and they’ll never forget it! I went on my first safari in 2003, in Kenya. It was planned at the last minute as an add-on activity to my relaxing beach holiday in Mombassa. Nowadays it has become my obsession, and there is no better place I’d rather be than in the African bush. My first experience of African wildlife was in Tsavo West National Park, and I still vividly remember the red dust on the road, the magnificent open skies, the postcard perfect sunsets and, of course, every wildlife encounter! Especially the cheetahs roaming around in the evening near the camp I stayed at, or the baboons constantly eyeing my breakfast while a cheeky yellow billed hornbill stole my toast. O

Have people travelled to Africa this year?

Dear fellow travellers and adventurers, I haven’t exactly bombarded you with blog posts in 2021 and I apologise for this, especially as it has not been a quiet year at all. But it's already this time of the year when I first wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2022! It may come as a surprise to some, but to answer this blog post title:  YES PEOPLE HAVE TRAVELLED!  African safari and other holiday bookings have followed the wave of travel restrictions: ups, downs and everything inside this trouble water. But those who had enough of being stranded took a leap a faith, albeit in safe hands, and made it. Keeping up to date with country rules all over the world isn’t easy even for a travel agent. But it is my duty and joy to help you through the tumult that has evolved since the start of the pandemic. Nearly 2 years of it! I am not immune to these ever changing rules: my attempts to travel to Africa failed when I lived in the UK due to lockdown followed by red listed